Refuse Haulers

Persons who collect, remove or dispose of solid waste and/or recyclables, or transport solid waste and/or recyclables through streets, alleys, or public ways of the city, or dump, or in any manner dispose of solid waste or recyclables must first securing a license from the Ottumwa City Clerk.

The following are exempt from licensing:

•Persons self-hauling their own solid waste and/or recyclables in their own vehicles to the Ottumwa/Wapello County Landfill and/or Recycling Center.
•Construction or building contractors, removing construction and demolition debris their jobsites in the City.


See the full code section for all the requirements and restrictions.


Download the Refuse & Recyclable Haulers License application form.