Transit Services and Schedules
We are going more places, more often. Ottumwa Transit bus service is open to the public. Pick up a copy of our current schedule at City Hall or get one from our drivers. Free Transfers are available – valid up to 50 minutes from the time of issue from the downtown bus zone.
Click to see our regular:
- Cash Fare is $1.50
- Tokens – 5 tokens for $6
- General Public Monthly Pass is $35
- Monthly Pass for the Elderly/Disabled is $25
- Monthly College Pass is $20
- Kids under 5 years old ride FREE!
Tokens and Passes are sold at; Wal Mart, HyVee and City Hall.
GET ON BOARD
We stop at designated bus stops along our regular routes. We also stop for passengers along the side of the road or at intersections; just wave to the driver. Please have your fare or pass ready when you board.
We ask that our riders make front seats available for elderly, disabled, or passengers with small children. No smoking or profane language is allowed on our buses.
Our LIFT Service is designed for riders with mobility impairments. We will meet you at the curb and take you to the curb of your destination. Transit LIFT service is provided Monday through Friday. Your trip may be shared with other riders, therefore, the pick up and drop off times may be adjusted to accommodate all riders.
HOW TO USE LIFT
- Call the Transit office at 641-683-0695 for a LIFT application form or download and print the form.
Click here for a LIFT application.
- Return the completed LIFT Application to our office at 2417 S Emma as soon as possible. This form will be processed within 21 days.
- Starting immediately, you may reserve your ride by calling Ottumwa Transit LIFT at: 641-683-0695 . You can call the day before, or up to 14 days in advance of the desired pick up time.
- Call the Transit office and ask for Dave Silverio for reasonable modification requests.
Click here to view our reasonable modification policy.
Click here for ADA/Reasonable Modification Complaint Procedure
LIFT FARES $2.50 each way – escorts ride FREE
LIFT HOURS OF OPERATION 6 AM to 6 PM – Monday thru Friday