Shelters & Cabins
We have Picnic Shelters available for reservation at Sycamore, Foster, Wildwood, Ottumwa, Memorial, and Union Parks. The following shelters are available:
Wildwood Park Shelter #1
Wildwood Park Shelter #2
Memorial Park – Merrill Cabin
Memorial Park Shelter (Elm Street – near water tower)
Ottumwa Park S.E. – Shelter #1 (Sand Volleyball – Octagon)
Union Park Shelter #1
Reservations may be made by calling the Parks Department at 682-7873. The following guidelines apply regarding shelter reservations:
- Reservations may be made starting the first working day in January each new year.
- Reservations for most shelters are on a daily basis only and cost $25 -plus- a $50 damage deposit is required.
- Daily rental for the Sycamore Park Shelter is $50 per day -plus- a $50 damage deposit is required.
- Activities and functions under the Department of Parks will have priority.
- Reservations must be paid for when booked.
- Shelters not listed above are for drop in use only and are not available for reservations. This does not apply to Jimmy Jones Pavilion located in the southwest quadrant of Ottumwa Park.
- Any misuse or abuse of shelter or any other park grounds will lead to immediate dismissal of reservation rights.
Jimmy Jones Pavilion
Our biggest shelter, in the heart of Ottumwa Park, offers a place for larger gatherings.
Fee Schedule: Meetings, reunions, picnics for a period of 6 hours or less: $50.00 Meetings, reunions, picnics for a period of time more than 6 hours: $100. A $50 damage deposit is required. The deposit will be returned if area is cleaned and no damages occur.
Organizations / individuals holding an event such as Carnivals, Holiday Celebrations, Festivals, or any events where fees will be charged shall be charged a daily fee of $100.00. A $200.00 damage deposit fee will also be charged. The deposit will be returned ‘if’ the area is cleaned and no damages to the shelterhouse or surrounding area are evident. An electrical hook-up charge for concessionaires to be collected by the organization / individual holding the event is required. All regulations regarding the usage of Jimmy Jones Pavilion which pertains to the organization / individual must be abided by.
Electrical Hook-Up Charge For Concessionaires: 110 Volt Service: $5.00 per unit per day 220 Volt Service (up to 30 Amps): $10.00 per unit per day 220 Volt Service (over 30 Amps): $15.00 per unit per day
These fees are to be collected by the sponsor of each event and remitted to the City Clerk’s office at 105 East Third Street. All fees must be paid in advance.
Reservations can be made one (1) year in advance.
For questions or more information regarding programs and services provided by the Parks Department, call the Park Department at 682-7873.